Friday, December 17, 2004

Merry Wintertime!

Christmas under fire (Krauthammer).

Even locally, this thing in Plano. Simply ridiculous (link). Plano ISD now says that no one should have been concerned...all along, they were going to let kids celebrate Christmas at their 'Winter Break' parties. The Judge didn't feel that was true and that's why he issued the temporary restraining order against the PISD (love that abbreviation)...and the Justice Department is clearly concerned about potential violations of students' rights.

Put kindly, the PISD isn't being fully honest about this. Put more directly, -- well, you can finish that sentence.

Last year when this first came up, I went on the air and talked about it and frankly took a little heat from some people who assured me there are great people on the PISD school board...the superintendent...etc. I waited a year...and here we are again.

I don't have any reason to believe that these people that I am told are good people....people of faith....no reason to believe they are not those things. But, it's time to step up. Being good and all those things really doesn't mean anything if you don't step up when you're needed.

Being good quietly means little. Being brave when you are needed is what matters. Otherwise why does it matter that 'good' people are in those positions?