Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The Day the Earth Shook

Tragedy in south Asia. The death toll is high and is rising. After the deaths that occur from disease, I wouldn't be surprised if the total is 100,000. Truly tragic.

The rotation of the earth has actually be impacted by this event. The map of south Asia is different today than it was just days ago.

The UN seems to think we're stingy...that we should even be taxed so that we can give even more than we already give. The official has backed off from the original statements (link).

I think Americans are very generous. And I think Americans resent the UN suggesting otherwise...this coming from an organization that is in the middle of having to defend itself against charges of corruption the likes of which the world had never seen.

If Americans want to give, I think they should give. But I don't care what the UN thinks of the amount that we give (or don't give).