Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Democratic Convention - Wednesday Night

Kucinich:  Freaky...dictator-like in his delivery....a certain Hitleresque quality that makes him hard to listen to....short.  C- 

Al Sharpton:  Divisive...no surprise...hateful...no surprise...mad...no surprise...loud...no surprise.  All the quoting of the president from his time at the Urban League.  Just another reason for someone like the president not to speak to groups like that.  The simple question 'Do the Democrats take you (the black voters) for granted?'  becomes reason for ridicule.  Sadly, educating some communities seems impossible with 'leaders' like Sharpton.  D 

Bob Graham:  Boring white guy that was on after Sharpton.  D  (was going to be a C- until he said 'NOO-cue-lur')

John Cougar:  Still good live.  A

John Edwards:  great socialist speech.  I don't understand his thinking...if I understand his way of thinking, he's saying that he came from a regular background...parents worked hard...mom worked so the family had health insurance...mom refinished furniture to help pay for his education...he worked his way through school...worked hard...made something of himself...ultimately succeeded.  Do I have that right?  Sounds like that America worked pretty well for him.  Yet he sells this 'Two Americas' stuff.  Classic class warfare.  It's a socialist agenda.  The saddest part is not that it's being sold by Democrats...the saddest part is that there is an audience for it.  Motivating speech for all who long for a socialist agenda.  For delivery, I will give the speech a B.