I thought the speeches were good.
Al Gore gave the best speech I think I have ever heard him give. I thought it wasn't as bashing a speech as it might have been. He had a great pace...not that slow deliberate thing that President Bush does. It was a very good speech.
Jimmy Carter was the weakest. He didn't appear well to me. He all of a sudden has started seeming old...or maybe I have just noticed.
Hillary's speech/intro was good. She always tends to be a bit shrill for my taste, but I thought she did a good job.
And Bill Clinton, love him or hate him, can give a speech. If I were Kerry, I would be glad for the time between Clinton's speech and mine.
Heard not very much about Choice or marriage. Alot about national security.
And the best line of the night was Bill Clinton's line comparing Kerry with Bush on national security: 'Strength and wisdom are not opposing values.' I would expect we'll hear that more than once.
I thought the Dems had a good first night...and I would guess that it will be a good week.